Because being you is the best thing you will ever be.
posted by a friend
Não se atiram pedras senão às árvores que têm fruto.
Rocks are only thrown at trees that bear fruit..
We all hate making goals due to the fact that when we do not achieve these goals, we are left feeling disappointed in ourselves. But without goals, you are just a leaf, fallen from a tree, going God knows where!! You can get caught up in anything and be lost forever…
You have no influence on what will happen in your future or where you will end up. You might get lucky and end up somewhere nice and comfy. It may be close to a pond somewhere, since you are leaf, you will be well off. But we all know that luck, as much as we talk about it, is rarely there when you need it. You only ”get lucky” in small unnecessary things. The important, life changing moments have nothing to do luck.
The important things require you to take action. To get off your lazy or scared arse and make the effort.
Make some goals! I guarantee you will not complete most of them. But if you complete that one, regardless of how small it is, you will feel significantly better than you would if you just allowed yourself to drift in the world. It might be fun, not having a plan. And it is a good thing to do it, sometimes. You need something to hold on to in this crazy world.
Goals will keep you going,even when you feel like giving up.
So why not try it. Start small. Keep at it. Even when you fail, don’t give up. Rome wasn’t built in a day after all! 🙂
I am taking my advice and hopefully by the end of the next month, I will have my second baby…my guitar I mean :). And it’s that goal that will help me wake up and go to WORK everyday, even when I do not feel like it!
So you are bored. Here are some games that will land you in a very interesting and fun place where you do not work and tattoos are cool.
You get bonus points if you can get through the first five without being hit with a police stick and double bonus if you can finish them without landing a death penalty.
Firstly you must be stopped by the police let us say for a speeding ticket.
1) Ask the police offer what he is doing out so late.
2) Draw happy faces all over his ticket book
3) Ask him if his bulletproof vest would protect him if you started vomiting bullets
4) Ask him if you can take his squad car out for a joy ride.
5) Explain the speeding with, ’’See officer, I was driving along when I dropped my bag of crack. I tried to pick it up but my gun fell and jammed my foot on the gas petal.’’
6) When he tries to talk to you have the radio on full blast and look straightforward and breathe in out very loudly. Do not even acknowledge his presence.
7) Tell him you wanted to be a cop but decided to graduate high school instead
8) Pay all your ticket fines with coins
9) When he walks up to you look at his gut and say, ‘’I thought you had to be physically fit in order to be a cop.’’
10) Pretend to be deaf when the cop comes to you window and halfway through the conversation turn up the radio and start singing along.
11) When the cop is talking to you roll the window up and down and ignore looking totally amazed that the window goes up and down
12) When he tries to open the door, taunt him by locking the door when he tries to open it and unlocking it when he looks away. Repeat several times.
13) Tell him that there is nothing in the boot and he should not check the boot. Keep acting as if you are trying to conceal something in the boot even though there is absolutely nothing there.
14) If they tell you to get out and put the hands on the hood. Get out, lie on the ground, and ask him to outline you with chalk.
15) If you are put in the squad car, sing ‘’Mary Had A Little Lamb’’ loudly and obnoxiously all the way to the police department.
Children under the age of 18 should not try these and you do these at your own risk. You can go to jail for disorderly conduct and have a permanent record so think about this first.
Keep your head above the clouds.
They drive us. I have mine. You have yours. They are different and sometimes totally crazy, childish or immature but the completion of those make us complete.
Now as you get older, responsibilities occur. According to Murphy’s Law, whenever you set out to do something, especially something you quite enjoy, something else must be done first. And with this, your dreams start to take a backseat .This is when you start to lose your passion for things, doing things that just give you material wealth but leave you feeling empty and incomplete inside.
The people around you do not help too. They are already not living their dreams so they will not hesitate to shoot down your dreams. Why should you be happy when they are miserable?
This is the warning to all the young dreamers out there; DO not let them break your dreams. Happiness only comes when you are fulfilled. Do not rush into marriage. Take your time to explore the world and do what you love. Not like, I said love.
My dad married at age forty. He is the happiest man in this world. He did everything. I remember when I wanted to go to the flea market and tried to entice him with the idea of walking around and looking at exotic things. His response to this was,”My dear, I have been to so many flea markets in the many years I have been alive. This one holds nothing different, but you should go and enjoy it. Try out everything you love. ‘’
I realize that women get a certain stigma attached to them if they pass the age of twenty-five and are not yet married. Well, screw the world. We are as equal as the men who walk amongst us. With the technology out there, you can have your kids later on in life. Maybe thirty of forty and they will still be as healthy as any normal baby. You can adopt too, help give the many precious gifts a life.
The world is full of many different opportunities. If you fail in one direction trying to reach your dream there are five more paths you will have not yet tried. You give up when one cloud stops the sunshine; you will never see the sun again.
It’s simply simple.
Today I was walking in the local supermarket. I was looking for some juice and when I got to my aisle I saw a myriad of different flavours and brands.
For a brief second I was about to reach for my usual Red grape then a thought struck me.
“I know I like grape by why grape all the time?”.
Yes, I am aware that these things we like define us. They make us who we are. But i think they are also the very things that limit our growth.
You become set in your ways and you stop experimenting.
I realized ,standing in aisle number 4 of Bon Marche,that, although I consistence gives a safe feeling and routine to life, I do not want that.
Knowing what to expect is like watching a movie you have watched before. Although you still get shocked by some minor details, you have…
View original post 84 more words
Quote ” Crying shows you are alive. Don’t be ashamed by it”
Quote ” Crying shows you are alive. Don’t be ashamed by it”
Next time you’re on an elevator and feel alittle bored, liven up the moment with some of these insightful ideas. Guaranteed to make heads turn or your money back.
1.When there’s only one other person in the elevator, tap them on the shoulder and then pretend it wasn’t you.
2.Push the buttons and pretend they give you a shock. Smile, and go back for more.
3.Call the Psychic Hotline from your cell phone and ask if they know what floor you’re on.
4.Swat at flies that don’t exist.
5.Grimace painfully while smacking your forehead and muttering, “Shut up, all of you, just shut up!”
6.Crack open your briefcase or purse, and while peering inside, ask, “Got enough air in there?”
7.Lay down a Twister mat and ask people if they’d like to play.
8.Leave a box in the corner, and when someone gets on, ask them if they hear something…
View original post 209 more words
Here are some suggestions for your first post.